I grew up on a family farm in Amanda Township, graduated from Spencerville High School and raised three children on a farm in that rural community. My extraordinary work ethic, conservative values and business management success were all born on the farm. I was entrusted with considerable responsibility at a very young age. Through 4-H and FFA, my leadership skills and community service commitment were established. As a high school senior, I was elected to serve as a State FFA Officer. As a State FFA Officer, I was formally trained in leadership, public speaking and parliamentary procedure.
As a direct result of my agricultural background and early experiences, I have had a very successful career with the Allen Soil and Water Conservation District and my efforts have truly enriched that agency and Allen County. The Board of Supervisors I serve gave me a lot of freedom over the years to develop new programs, and together we have celebrated much success and served Allen County and its citizens well. Since 2005, I have served as the Stormwater and Watershed Coordinator and am currently responsible for 60% of our agency’s budget. It is through my leadership and initiative that the urban stormwater and Ottawa River watershed programs and partnerships have been so very successful. I am very proud that since forming the Ottawa River Coalition in 1993, the Ottawa River watershed has realized amazing water quality improvements and currently meets most of the EPA’s standards for clean water.
I love Allen County and am an enthusiastic supporter of initiatives that work toward the enrichment and improvement of our community and creating opportunities for the future. I have witnessed countless examples of our community in collaboration and firmly believe that there is true power in partnership.
I live in Lima with my husband Bill Miron, owner of Mirons Plumbing, Heating, Electrical and Air Conditioning. We are the proud parents of four daughters, and love being grandparents of four boys.
BETH’S VOLUNTEER WORK AND SERVICE RECORD
I know that volunteerism makes Allen County a better place to live, so I give my time and talents to numerous non-profit organizations including the Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce where I am a member of the board of directors and chair the Agri-Business Committee. My leadership record is outstanding:
- 2013 – Present Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce – Board Member
- 2013 – Present Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce Agri-Business Committee – Chairperson
- 2017 – Present Lima Rotary Club Member | Member of Lima Rotary Foundation Board | Chairs Program Committee
- 2014 – Present Allen County Board of Elections Poll Worker, Voting Location Manager since 2015
- 2014 – Present Allen County Food Policy Committee – Co-Chairperson
- 2014 – Present Spencerville Community Samaritans Food Pantry – Board Chair
- 2019 – 2021 Ohio Northern University Environmental Science Advisory Council Member
- 2018 – Present University of Northwestern Ohio Agribusiness Program Advisory Council Member
- 2014 – Present Spencerville Summerfest Parade Coordinator
- 2011 – Present Allen County Illicit Discharge Appeals Board – Facilitator
- 2011 – Present Allen County Local Emergency Planning Committee Member – appointment by the County Commissioners
- 2015 – Present League of Women Voters of the Lima Area Member, 2019 President
- 2006 – Present ALL Love Luggage Project Committee Member | Assembled over 1,200 units for children entering foster care
- 2006 – Present Allen Lima Leadership (ALL) Class Member, 2006 | Hosts the ALL class annually during Ag and Natural Resources Day
- 2001 – 2009 Ohio Public Works Commission, Dist. 13 Natural Resources Assistance Council – Liaison to State
- 2001 – 2002 Represented Allen County in NW Ohio watershed video project – Fate of the River Revisited
- 1993 – 1995 Ohio Conservation Partnership Total Quality Management Cadre – Facilitator
- 1992 – Present Ohio Association Soil and Water Conservation District Employees – Member | First President of the organization
- 1992 – Present National Association of Conservation District Employees – Member | Past National Secretary of the organization, 1998
- 1992 – Present North Central States Association of Conservation District Employees – Member | Past President of the organization, 1998
- 1983 – Present Trinity United Methodist Church, Spencerville – Member | Chair of Administrative Council since 2013 | Served on the Council since 1985
- 1983 – Present Spencerville FFA Alumni – Member | Life Member with National FFA Alumni Association, Secretary 2009-2018
BETH’S COMMUNITY SERVICE HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED WITH NUMEROUS AWARDS
2019 – Athena International Leadership Award – Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce
2018 – Good Neighbor Award – Lima Allen County Neighborhoods in Partnership
2016 – Allen County Visionaries Citizen of the Year
2011 – Spencerville High School Honored Alumni
2005 – Volunteer of the Year – Ottawa River Coalition
2005 – Spencerville FFA Honorary Chapter Farmer Service Award
1998 – Outstanding Service Award – Ohio Association of Conservation District Employees
1994 – Agri-Business Professional of the Year – Ohio Young Farmers Association
1992 – National Association Of Conservation Districts Outstanding Conservation Education Program
1991 – North Central States Association Of Conservation Districts First Place Conservation Education Program
1991 – Ohio Federation of Soil and Water Conservation Districts First Place Conservation Education Program
OTHER MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Allen County Republican Women
Member of National Rifle Association
Allen County Farm Bureau and Ohio Farm Bureau Federation
Allen County Township Trustees Association – Associate Member
West Central Ohio Land Conservancy
Lima Kiwanis Club
Fraternal Order of Police Associates – George B. Quatman Lodge #A8
Allen County Conservation Club
Spencerville Chapter #130 Order of the Eastern Star
Allen County Agricultural Society – Allen County Fair
Allen Soil & Water Conservation District Board and Staff
I formed the Ottawa River Coalition in 1993 and am very proud of the improvements we have had in water quality since then.
With my husband, Bill Miron
I proudly serve on the Board of Directors of the Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce. I am pictured here with CEO Jed Metzger and Board President Karen Grothouse.
I am honored to have achieved leadership roles with numerous organizations in Allen County.
I am very active in my church, Trinity United Methodist Church in Spencerville, and have Chaired the Administrative Council since 2013.
I was very honored to receive the Athena International Leadership Award from the Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce in 2019.
I am always willing to give my time to make Allen County a better place to live. In this picture, I am volunteering at the Spencerville Community Samaritans Food Pantry.
I have been part of Allen County’s agricultural community my entire life.